Setting up and having governance work for business and family
- Help us set up the management structure for the next generation.
- How should the family, the non-executive directors and the executive board work together?
- We want to draw up a family protocol.
Aligning and organising the family as owner
- How can we organise an increasing number of members of the family and keep them involved?
- What are our family values and how do we keep them alive?
- Could you facilitate our family-shareholder meetings?
Guidance with succession and transfer to the next generation
- The fourth generation will take over in ten years. What should we prepare for this?
- How can we ensure that my father and I work well together now that we are both on the executive board?
- Which of my children is most suitable to run the business? How do I make a choice that is fair to everyone?
Facilitating strategic planning between business and family
- If we want to remain independent, what does this imply for our business strategy?
- What will be the consequences for our family business if we involve a private equity party as shareholder?
- The business has entered a new stage in which we have to make strategic choices. What will the consequences be for the leadership and management?
Developing and enhancing teams and leadership
- How can family and non-family members work together well on the executive board and the non-executive board?
- How do we ensure that we, as members of the family, form a good business team?
- We don’t want to govern and run the family business like our parents did, but how can we do it differently?
Developing training and coaching programmes
- I am a board member of the family holding structure/ foundation for the administration of shares/ owners council and I would like more insight into the financial figures of our family business.
- Could you help the next generation in defining the desired values and culture in the business?
- I want to be a full member on the supervisory board of our family business in five years’ time. How can I prepare myself?
Questions from board members
How do we organise ownership and control? We have different family branches and not all family members are working in the business.
The board struggles with the issue of how to keep the family aligned with the aspirations of the executive team. How to go about it?
Our governance structure is still built on the principle of one company. Over the years we have developed into a holding with diversified companies. How should our governance structure evolve?
Can you help us with a self-assessment of the board?
For the first time the company will be run by a non-family CEO. What does this mean for our role as board? What should we change?