The entrepreneurial family
There are several businesses and activities, usually led by professional management including both expert outsiders and members of the family.
- How do we ensure that the strategy and culture of our family holding and the businesses we invest in are properly aligned?
- How do we involve the next generation in the family business?
- Our father was a true entrepreneur. How do we guard his entrepreneurial spirit in the company.
- Our family charter is no longer up to date. What new rules are required now that the family tree has branched out?
- Our management structure is still based on the principles of a one business firm, but our business activities have since diversified. What kind of governance model does the current situation require?
Questions from the next generation
We don't want to lead the business like our fathers. Can you help us develop a new governance model?
Can we remain an independent family business?
We want to remain a strong sibling team as we are not only family but also working togehter now. What is needed?
Within 5 years I want to have a strong position as a non-executive board member. Can you help me prepare for that?
My father considers us to be the custodians of our family buisness culture. But he used to work in the company and we don't. How can we do that being family owners?